Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Well, We're Off

And we're late.

We're taking Kenny Loggins up to Amherst to have Thanksgiving with my Aunt Di and Uncle Buff (but you can't call him that, only people who knew him before 1970 and their offspring can call him Uncle Buff. He now goes by Blair). I am so very excited! Don't you just love Thanksgiving? As a nation, have we ever come up with a better meal?? Stuffing and gravy and pie???

Last year, J and I went up to Sylvia's in Harlem for Thanksgiving, and it was delicious and wonderful and everything, but then we woke up Friday with the sudden and horrible understanding as to why Thanksgiving should not be done at a restaurant - no leftovers!

So we're hanging around my aunt and uncle's house until at Saturday to take as much advantage of leftovers as we can, and on Friday we'll be getting together with Kyle's boss, who also happens to be in Amherst for Thanksgiving, and who spent a lot of time with my brother over the last year.

My posting may be intermittent this week, but I'm bringing my camera and will post pictures when I can.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy day before Thanksgiving
Keep on Truckin Ken.

Your Mom just left for San Francisco.

You are a lucky couple, I know well the kind of spread BUFF and Diane put on, all I can say is yum yum yum.

I am thrilled you are going to meet Paul - he sounds like the nicest guy in the world.

Please give big hugs to all the fam for me, and don't forget to give an extra hug to Rhea .

Do take and post lots of pictures please please please.

Have a piece of Di's famous Maple Pecan Pie for Kyle. I made it for him last year and he spoke about it almost every time I saw him since.

Sure wish I was there

Love You loads

c. g. said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Joshua, and the family. Wish I were there with you, but am with Della and the new part of her family--which is next best--since Della and you and Ky and I spent so many Thanksgivings, Easters, Christmases, birthdays, and more together. Well, it's way late, so I'll just send my love to all -- please give out hugs from me as well. Have a wonderful weekend. -- Mum

Anonymous said...

....Have a wonderful time....NIck and Kiersty and I were just there and the color on the trees was still so beautiful....Di and Blair ( I made the switch ) will so enjoy having you and all their family with them...we're thinking of you all and will phone in our best wishes...hugs... : )