Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's SNOWING!!!

I woke up this morning surprised to find I wasn't hung over and that it was SNOWING!!

I love the snow. I guess everyone does, but I still marvel with wide-eyed west coast wonder at the versatility of rain. This is our first snow of the season, after a disappointingly snowless winter last year, and to wake up on December 2nd to your world gone white is a really cozy feeling.

Especially if you don't have to go anywhere.

Unfortunately, poor Katie B had to wake up this morning and go to work in this stuff. And after what became quite a late night. The party was great, tons of people showed and Mom, your eggnog was a HIT. As was the decorate-your-own Christmas-cookies station and the baked brie trick I stole from Aunt Di over Thanksgiving.

Now I'm going to get back under the covers, listen to This American Life, and watch the snow. I love Sundays.

4 comments:

Lunafly said...

Every year when the first snow comes I still run around like a hyper two-year-old seeing it for the first time. Where I went to college in northern VT it would start snowing in October and not stop until April. It was like Seattle with snow - always a constant flurry. I've never grown tired of it.

Anonymous said...

isnt it wonderful? heh i woke up at 8 am and it was snowing my friend woke me up with his txt msg and im glad he did but i found my sis there looking at the snow as if she were awake for hrs rofl it was very pretty tho :3

Anonymous said...

...it snowed here yesterday - SIX inches! There is nothing so wonderful as waking to the swirling flakes and knowing that you might choose to remain snug under quilts or venture out for some playtime....

So glad the party was fun and that you had a perfectly nice weekend....hugs... : )

...and what does Aunt Di do with brie???

c. g. said...

i'll never forget a phone message from you, about a wonderful first snow storm you woke up to from a Columbia dormitory in 1999. "MOM!" you exclaimed in utter delight, after describing the bare trees frosted in white against the sky, "Mom! I think I LIKE snow!" it was like you were 5 years old and the world was still wondrous.