Friday, August 24, 2007

Common People

Have you ever heard William Shatner's cover of Common People by Pulp?

Now, before your lip slides up too high in a superior sneer - as mine did when I discovered Shatner covertly slipped onto my ipod - you should know that it is amazing. Really. For whatever reason, Shatner's pompous, insane talk-singing works just exquisitely with this song. The production is amazing and the chorus? It rocks.

So I went to find it on youtube to show you, but I could only find videos made by others. The best of which is below. At first, I was gonna tell you to press play and then minimize the screen, so you could listen to the song without watching some dude mouthing the words. But then I watched the dude? And he's good. I like him. So now I suggest listening first without watching, so you can get the satisfaction of imaging Shatner in Star Trek pajamas telling what's what to some rich bitch, and then watch the dude.

6 comments:

didi979 said...

Mir - This U tube thing is GREAT!!!!!

I think the guy is wonderful and I heard the song on the radio already and really thought it was great - yep - willy shatner or not!

You are not crazy girly, but be a little careful because after my mom died things just kept getting blacker and blacker for me. If that happens get some DRUGS - you know the pharm kind of drugs.

O.K., enough from auntie di :)
Hugs and namaste!

Anonymous said...

Denny Crane

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Let the new year will bring a lot of money

Anonymous said...

So he can say, Look how I handled the budget!His idea of a cuts only budget cant possibly be realistic. For the rest of us the search for affordable health insurance continues.
[url="http://dental-plan.co.cc/dental-implant-india.html"]dental implant india[/url] [url="http://dental-plan.co.cc/individual/cigna-dental-arizona.html"]cigna dental arizona[/url] [url="http://dental-plan.co.cc/family/dental-florida-indemnity-insurance-plan.html"]dental florida indemnity insurance plan[/url]

Order Levitra said...

I will be your frequent visitor, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...


I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information.