Friday, August 17, 2007

If You Don't Hear From Me Again, I Told You So

Theres a memorial for my brother this Sunday, so I'm flying to Los Angeles today and man, am I not looking forward to it. I hate flying. I'm serious. I don't find it tedious or uncomfortable or boring, I find it absolutely miserable. My ridiculous legs press against the seat in front of me, I'm always stuck next to some talkative dude, I'm forever in the section with the bitchy flight attendant, and then there's the actual plane. You know what I'm talking about - the Made in China jiggle that the wings do, the mysterious banging coming from god knows where, and the absolutely inappropriate lurches as the pilot struggles against all of physics to keep us from falling out of the goddamn sky.

You'd think, with all our ingenuity and creativity and cleverness that, as a species, we'd have come up with a better way to get around then tossing a metal tube into the air. So let's get to it, America. Let's knock out this Iraq bullshit and start working on a way for me to get across the country without asphyxiating.

And if you're in LA this weekend, you're invited to Ky's memorial. Aug 19 at the Eagle Rock Community Cultural Center, 2225 Colorado Blvd, 11-2. Come on by and watch me cry!

No comments: