Monday, September 17, 2007

42 Down, 150 To Go

So I went to lunch with my Aunt Di today (she had on this really cute leather jacket that she got half price) and when I came home I checked my blog stats. I'm always checking my blog stats. A friend told me about Statcounter, and ever since I've been addicted to line graphs and colored maps.

Anyway, I logged on today only to discover that my pageviews were three times what they were yesterday! And it was only 6 pm! Anyone who blogs, or has a website for that matter, knows the joy of watching your hits slowly tick up as you carefully woo and hold readers by any means necessary. So to see my numbers triple, and in a day? Well, you can imagine my excitement.

My first thought, of course, was of my blogfight with my mom. Creative writing teachers have been telling me for years that conflict is the center of narrative, but I never would have guessed that filial snipping in the blogosphere would have generated such a flood of interest. So I looked into it, already thinking of some fresh way to publicly attack my poor mother, and found that the real cause of my awesome new stats is stumbleupon.com.

Apparently, it's a site designed to help you discover new sites. I'd never heard of it before, but David, J's dad and talented blogger in his own right, gave stumbleupon my URL and now I've had hits from 42 states and 42 countries! Can you believe it?? I can't!

So hello and welcome to the UK, Canada, Japan, the Netherlands, France, Norway, Finland, Germany, India, Argentina, the Philippines, Spain, Sweden, Romania, Turkey, Latvia, Italy, Serbia and Montenegro, Ireland, Portugal, Taiwan, Poland, Netherlands Antilles, Macedonia, Peru, Singapore, the Dominican Republic, Hungary, Malaysia, Australia, Colombia, Iran, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, Greece, Mexico, Brazil, Oman, and Slovenia! Thank you for reading!

And thank you, of course, to those of you who started reading before today. I lured you to this site because my brother died, and you've put up with my TV reviews and melancholy for going on two months. Thanks for helping me feel like I'm writing, even if it's not the novel I'm paying for.

12 comments:

c. g. said...

Well, I am relieved to know the hit-unhancer is the cause. I wouldn't know what to do if you and I were supposed to come up with all kinds of Sturm und Drang to pull in readers, when we never had that kind of relationship anyway. Particularly since Kyle is not around and he was the source of 89.6 per cent of any squabbling we did. So, PEACE can reign, my international Daughter-Blogger.

c. g. said...

enhancer, not un-hancer

Anonymous said...

Well, hell....all the hits from Wisconsin were just me checking in, because PEACE surely does reign around here....that, and I am also waiting for your comments on the newest/oldest fashion trend to hit New York - JUMPSUITS!!!

.....evil grin....

...and HUGS!

Anonymous said...

The downside of internet exposure is the heightened chances of attracting jerks.

As a big sister your blog's moved me profoundly; I hope the ugly hordes of morons who seem to roam the net these days stays away.

Wray said...

Hello miss. David, who I communicate with sometimes within the StumbleUpon community, linked me to your blog using SU, and I'm reading every one of your entries through. I have a relative who is sick and has limited time left with us, and I've found your writing to be full of candor and wit. Congratulations on your influx of traffic.

ben said...

...And did you know that especially popular StumbledUpon links are available in an RSS feed, too? That's how I found this place.

You are doing something I wish I'd done in (the closest I hope ever to approach) similar circumstances.

I'm glad I stopped by, and I probably will again.

Anonymous said...

i myself found your blog on SU. i'm probably that one coming from brazil. :)

i really liked it, and was touched by one special thing: my best friend also has lost her brother, in the exact same day as you. i couldn't believe it when i read it.
i've just told her about you and i think she'll write to you. :)

well, congrats on your blog. it's really lovely. (and congrats on your new bra, which i envied a little bit. :)

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are around 210 dollars on every page. But completely I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that particular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are around 220 dollars everwhere. But for all I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm really into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices seeking the boots were all over 300 pounds everwhere. But for all I base this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that exact brand. The prices seeking the velcros were approximately 200 pounds on every site. But definitively I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you tell me about these?