Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sexy High-Waisted Jeans

A new trend has hit New York - the high-waisted jean. It's awful. Think of the jeans a 1980s mom might run around in. The foot-long zipper. The back pockets as big as paperbacks. The loose thigh tapering to a tight ankle.

I just don't get it.

I see it all the time now, and it's not flattering on anyone. But let me tell you, girls in the New York looove the sexy high-waisted jean. Can't get enough. Just go to any Saturday Brooklyn brunch and it's asymmetrical haircuts and nipple-high waistbands galore.

They say Scarlett Johansson is responsible. She's a good actress and everything? But now the streets of New York are overrun with hippy, corn-fed, transplanted Midwesterners in stomach-swelling, ass-magnifying navy. I hope she's happy.

GTD from 856***0353:
Go eagles hope your doin ok miss u

7 comments:

c. g. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
c. g. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ok, ok - I am secretly relieved, cause my 46 year-old body looks like shite in the low hip jeans I have been looking at and not buying/wearing for the last, what, 10 years? I'm short and squat and I didn't get my fair share of Whitham women breasts and I have stretch marks on my hips from having babies! High waisted anything works for me - all I can say is, "Sign me up!"

Justin said...

Scarlett Johanssen is a good actress?

Anonymous said...

I also got the hips without the boobs. Not a fair deal! I have to say I don't mind a high wasted skirt, but I don't know about jeans. As long as the guys don't start wearing them. When I went to Austin last year I was mildly traumatized with "emo" in full swing at the number of 18 year old emaciated guys in skin tight black jeans. Could we actualy do worse than the 80's?

Anonymous said...

Ok New York girls - you can have em!

I have not seen this trend out here yet, lets hope it stays that way.

I suppose their bellies won't get cold come winter.

By the way, if you ever see me in a pair of pants like that please just shoot me and put me out of my misery...

(I am picturing the old Sat night live skit "I am 50, 50 years old" with the camel toe , do you know it?)

Anonymous said...

"As long as the guys don't start wearing them..." - mental image and big laugh goes here.... : )