Thursday, September 20, 2007

We're Not as Poor as We Think We Are

I live with two other people and between the three of us, we have eleven Apple products (though only ten are pictured here...my roommate lent his colossal iMac to his girlfriend without my knowledge, dashing my dreams of a complete family portrait and seriously straining our relationship).

I mean, just look at all those Apple products. Think about how much money that is. We're graduate students. We live in a railroad apartment. We survive off funds borrowed against the promise of not turning out to be total losers. We don't have any money. We don't have jobs, not real ones anyway. How is it possible that we have upwards of $10,000 worth of unessential goods from an expensive, name brand company?

I'll tell you how.

John Hodgman.

No comments: