Friday, September 21, 2007

I Torture Bugs, Horses Aren't Scary, and Some Vans Have Names

First of all, as you already may know, I hate mosquitoes. I hate everything about them. They're cruel and unnecessary. Sure, birds and spiders have to eat, but there's a gazillion bugs in this world, so what the hell do we need mosquitoes for? They suck blood. They spread disease. They kill babies. But worst of all, they make me itch like crazy. I'm allergic. When I get bitten by a mosquito, the whole area swells up to the size of a golf ball. Once, I got bitten right by my eye and it puffed up so huge that I woke up not being able to see and not knowing what the hell was going on and went to the emergency room and it took them forever to figure out that it was a bug bite. They'd never seen anything like it. We have screens on every single one of our windows - I even found a baby screen for the bathroom - and still I am plagued by mosquitoes. One snuck in last night and I stayed up until 3 AM scratching and having unbelievably detailed fantasies about dismembering the little fucker, slowly pulling off each of its limbs before slicing its nasty belly open to free my blood from its miserable little body. I mean, if you have to have my blood, fine, you're welcome to it. As long as you save me some, I'm sleeping, I don't care. But whywhywhy must you make me itch? That's just hard-hearted.

Second of all, Vicente Fox came out with a lovely little detail in his new book: George Bush is afraid of horses. I love that so much. Remember Will Ferrell's brilliant Bush impression in that ACT commercial a couple of years ago? Talk about prescience.


Third of all, J and I are headed down to DC today. His mom is up from Texas visiting his Aunt Sue and we're going to take Kenny Loggins down there for the weekend. I don't know what the internet situation will be, so I may not be able to post anything new until Sunday.

Devastating, I know.

1 comment:

c. g. said...

It's not that I mind naming vehicles, although I have never been so moved. But: why KENNY LOGGINS? As opposed Dan the Van or Ann the Van or VANessa or VANdenburgh or Rip VAN Winkle or some other more prosaic moniker?