Friday, September 14, 2007

I'm Sick

I threw up last night. Gross, right? I had a fever, and I was sweating and shaking and kept kicking the blankets off and yanking them back on and wanting the AC on and wanting it off. Poor Joshua had to get up at 4 am to get me medicine and a pot and my cats kept staring at me with alarm.

And then I had to go to work today. I know, I know, I should've called in. But this mailing had to be done and everyone else was in Tokyo. I woke up feeling better, my fever was down and my stomach settled, so I picked up some soup from this weird little Korean deli in the lobby of any otherwise entirely residential building and went to work.

But I kept thinking of my dreams. I had hot, nightmarish dreams last night. A murderer was chasing me and my friend Katie B through La Canada backyards. I sailed in a stinking and unreliable boat through a choppy ocean. I kept waking up, and each time in that self-pitying, half-consciousness way of the sick I wondered if I was dying. If some crazy Meningitis was wringing the sweat out of me and baking my brain. If I would die in the early morning, while it was still dark. If J would have to call my parents to tell them they'd run out kids. It was so sad, thinking of my parents alone like that. I'm going to have to start taking my vitamins.

GTD from 307***0221:
Me haces sentir uno de los hombres mas felices del mundo. So thank you baby!!!!!! & I love you very muchchchchchch.....

3 comments:

c. g. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, sweetie.

didi979 said...

Mir

let me know if you are up to a visit. I am coming into the city no matter what, but if you aren't up to yoga - or a visit for that matter, let me know.

Feel well girlie!

Di