Sunday, September 16, 2007

Me vs My Mom: Cage Battle Update

So my mom and I spoke and, after she disowned me twice and I questioned her rights to a womb, we have made our peace. I have agreed to send her one pound of nonessential flesh as penance, and she has agreed that I am not a teacup Chihuahua (though she reserves her right to treat me like one when necessary).

And to those of you who participated in the Ungrateful Daughter Debate, you'll be pleased to know your words were not in vain. Nothing will recalibrate a sense of humor more quickly than being group-scolded after publicly attempting to assert your independence from your grieving mom.

5 comments:

c. g. said...

dear daughter,

thank you for the excellent and almost accurate recap (altho i think i disowned you 3 times, after which you reminded me there won't be anything to leave you anyway, and so i took that one back). and also, tho i did agree you were not a teacup Chihuahua, the jury is still out on whether or not you are a teacup POMERANIAN--a precious pup indeed-- (http://www.pingpongpoms.com/).

and, finally, in an act of post-battle contrition, i urge you to please keep the pound of flesh--i have plenty of my own.

with contained, tho ever-present regard, i remain,

your devoted mother

Anonymous said...

Aawww cousin...this is the stuff of the makings for some important novel...and the stuff of love from a great many dynamic women who adore you so well.

More hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

watch for some 'bumps' in readership over the next several days. I'm pushing you..MBID is now one of my top five daily favorites..

Sarah said...

yeah ... if you're noticing more Dallas hits, i'm guilty ..

Anonymous said...

me too...guilty...