Friday, October 5, 2007

Baseball Talk

It's baseball post season, and around my house, that means baseball talk. Serves me right I guess, living with two guys, but man, is it a whole lot of nothing.

You watching the game? Heck of a game. Yup. Pitcher A's on fire. Heck of a pitcher. Yeah, I wasn't too sure about him at first, either, but man has he come through.

Ohohoh! Overpaid Batter B just struck out! I know, I know, it's awesome. I'll tell you one thing though, you can't win a game with the bat on your shoulder. With all those zeros on his check you think he'd know that.

They gotta get a double play here. Gotta turn two. Oh, Jesus! Did you see that? Where the hell was he going? You can't do that, not now. October's got no time for errors.

They took Pitcher A out! That's insane! He must've been on a pitch count. Sure, he would've loved to stay in. Who wouldn't? The Hall of Fame doesn't just send out invitations.

Oh, I couldn't agree with you more. Absolutely. Fuck the Yankees.

And I'll tell you another thing, this is one heck of a game.

6 comments:

Justin said...

Com.
Yun.
Ist.

Justin said...

It also makes a nice change from this:

"Welcome back to This American Life. Professor John Reeding is the Mark and Mary Walters Chair of Pan Oceanic Box and Tub Music at Vanderbilt University. He is with us tonight to read from his recently published book, 'Box and Tub Music From Oceana.' Dr. Reeding?"

"Thank you very much. Before I start, I just want to thank you again for your continued interest in and support of Pan Oceanic Box and Tub Music.

"Ahem. Chapter One..."

c. g. said...

Mir, you'll be excited to learn that the Red Sox have now beaten the Anaheim Angels in the first two games of the division playoff. Manny, Ortiz, Yukelis, and others are hitting great and the pitching is sublime. Now the teams travel from Fenway out here and on Sunday I will be root, root, rooting for the Red Sox midst billions of Angels fans. The stadium will be awash in red because the Red Sox AND the Angels colors are both red and white.

AND Cleveland has now trounced the fuckin' Yankees TWICE, which means if they can keep up the good work and if the Sox can keep from shooting themselves in the foot or otherwise wrecking this lead, it'll be a sweet time in old Bean Town and on Sweet Street.

And Justin, even Communists (or at least one former Communist) love baseball.

c. g. said...

Youkilis . . .

Lunafly said...

I totaly sympathize. I also live with two men who seem to have their sense of reality jilted this time of year. I have the unfortunate habit of pronouncing most of the players names incorrectly. For example I once said "you-kill-iss" instead of the correct procounciation "you-kul-iss." You would think this would be a minor infraction. Nope I was deemed a "pink hat" fan for all eternity. Oh, and never never call the Yankee's pinstripes, cute.

c. g. said...

on my way to the 3rd game of the Boston/Anaheim series. go red sox!