Thursday, October 25, 2007

Long Overdue

I don't know much about computers, especially for someone my age. Luckily, Blogger makes it easy, and I've had little trouble posting text, pics, even video.

But then I got greedy.

I wanted to put sharing and bookmarking links on my posts to increase traffic, and after too many hours looking up html code and trying to convert it to something that the Blogger template could read, I gave, picked up my phone, and called Katie B.

Katie B lives across the street from me. She's my friend since the beginning, the closest thing I now have to a sibling, and, conveniently enough, has a hottie European boyfriend who is also a computer programming wonder. So I brought my crippled code across the street, dumped it in Dominique's lap, and then played Wii with Katie while he wrangled my joke html into something actually coherent.

The result? That little share/bookmark scroll down thingy at the bottom of every post. Cool, huh? It's been up for a few weeks but, like a true narcissist, I'm only now remembering to publicly acknowledge my html hero.

So thank you, Dominique!

4 comments:

c. g. said...

yeah, but what do you do with the scrolly thing?

ben said...

...If someone reads it and wants to forward it to one or more of digg/del.icio.us/et. al., they just select the service they have in mind.

Justin said...

It's a cool feature. But are you certified to belay?

ben said...

I just did this. I hope it doesn't make too much of a mess. Meditation on what you've written - and why - leads me to give you a slice of the credit for encouraging my decision.

I also hope the voyeurism isn't too big a deal. (Yes, some people actually read the taglines.)