Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Nerd

I like to pretend that I'm crafty. I have a lot of yarn I sometimes knit and then unknit. I collect magazines and cheap paintbrushes. J found a bunch of old slides from the 50s that I am convinced I'll do something brilliant with someday.

Today I'm feeling very blah, so I'll distract with you some weird collages I've done while I sit and stew about how I have nothing to say:

High school friend Julie (and recent memory donor - thanks!) gave me the Mary statuette back when I drove a Mary-themed 1987 Toyota Camry. It glows in the dark (Mary, not the car).

I call this one Opera Sex:

Pan-Asian meaninglessness. Yes, that's Korean and Chinese script, Buddhist statues, and elephants from God knows where:

I don't have an explanation for this:


This is my least favorite. Look at those ugly colors. But there's a cartoon My Little Pony in the middle:


My current project:

I should be writing.

4 comments:

c. g. said...

wow, mir, those are way cool. also, precious blogger-readers, be sure to click on the pics so you can see the details! can't wait to see them in person.

and wow, great wall of bricks. maybe we should get our boys from the North to fly in to add a little "writing."

clearly the creative juices are flowing.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them! Keep it up! You can't always be writing.

Anonymous said...

In a previous life, I hired illustrators and paid hundreds for work about half as good as some of yours (which are actually quite good, btw!). Even if you have no intention of doing anything with them, keep creating, it's incredibly therapeutic.

Anonymous said...

Nice - they far surpass the quality of the random paint splatters I have sitting in storage.