Friday, October 12, 2007

Demon Hints, Dream Pics, and Ghost Texts

Well folks, I've gotten some good alternative theories as to the identity of New York City's newest monster. Mom and Aunt Sal suggested a mockingbird, and I suppose if it had spent some time hanging around the sulfur pits of hell learning the local lingo, it could indeed be a mockingbird. My roommate Justin also suggested a Peregrine Falcon, which apparently can sound like the tortured screams of a thousand babies when defending its nest. I'm not sure about a loose domesticated South American parrot...if those birds made this noise, they never would've been domesticated in the first place.

On a less hellish note, I had my first Kyle dream last night. He actually wasn't in the dream, but his likeness was. I was in our old Eagle Rock house, which was like a ship, and somehow a stopper got loose and the basement began to flood (the actual house didn't have a basement and wasn't a ship, just for the sake of clarity). We (J, Katie B, my mom, and me, as well as a number of frantic but unrecognizable folk) rushed around the house trying to save our valuables.

My old room in my old house was my father's office before he moved out and I moved in, and as a result it held a huge, heavy wooden desk with a lot of drawers. Over the years, I filled those drawers up with all sorts of useless junk, and in the dream I was yanking the drawers open to make sure I hadn't missed anything. The top drawer, which in real life held stamps and paper clips and childhood bracelets made of dirty string, was filled with pictures of Kyle. Little pictures, like the kind you get out of those instant photo booths, and some wallet-sized snapshots. There were tons of them. All of Kyle in different expressions of childhood. I was so relieved to have found them. In the dream, my brother was already dead, and I knew that there would be nothing more precious in the whole house than a handful of pictures saved from the water.

Finally, I was delighted to hear that Cousin Robin missed the GTDs! I never got any response on them one way or the other, so I kind of let them go. But I still get them - I still sleep with my phone off - so here Robin, in your honor, the best GTD in my inbox right now:

From: Predeschly@blue-bungalow.com
Nice to meet you mir. WAnt to be a p0rnstar? Now you can!!

9 comments:

c. g. said...

Peregine Falcon. That's it!

Actually, it's most likely the ghost of our ancestor Peregrine Whitham (your great great great great great grandfather). who lived from 1750 to 1799. Peregrine lived in Maryland and then Virginia or in Pennsylvania. Obviously he's been working his way to NYC. Say hello from me.

P.S. i love your dream -- except for the water and the frantic feeling you all had to go through. and, BTW, we did save a few things for you from that room.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

c. g. said...

The Above Translated by BabelFish from the Portuguese:

Oi, I found its blog for google is well interesting I liked this post. It would like to speak on the CresceNet. The CresceNet is a dialed supplier of InterNet that remunerates its users for the hardwired time. Accurately this that you read, is paying you to connect. The paid supplier 20 cents for the moment of connection dialed with local linking for more than 2100 cities of Brazil. The CresceNet has a connection accelerator, that leaves its faster connection up to 10 times. Who uses broad band can also profit, is enough to register in cadastre itself in the CresceNet and when it will be to sleep to connect for dialed, it is possible to pay the ADSL alone with the money of the dialed one. In the schedules of only minute the expense with telephone is minimum and the remuneration of the generous CresceNet. If you I to want to linkar Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in its blog I would be been thankful, until more and success. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

I still don't quite get it.

Anonymous said...

....so glad GTD is back...thanks, hun.... : )

whitham said...

So sorry to read of the loss of your brother. My father passed away this past October, so Christmas, of course, is different indeed.

Your (very) distant cousin,

Scott Whitham

Anonymous said...

Jim asked him once. He told her nothing else. For instance, to spend it. Vails story in the newspapers. There was an edge of sharpness in his voice. I dont understand you, she said very quietly. Ive fought it all my life. It is not a combination of interests one encounters nowadays.

Anonymous said...

Although Irin had a powerful gift, she had not honed it to sorcerer level. As he did so, he saw the men on the ground moving toward each other. Shes already denied me. Tykir and Brevin stepped aside, and Lanthan sank onto the couch with her. She let herself smile, let herself fall into him with relief. When theyd arrived, the rock before her had been solid and smooth. But then, they had time. She curled her fingers and found that core of sensation. These people still loved her, even if she no longer believed she deserved it. But no, shed been wrong. One bright white brow arched high, and he cocked his head, considering. Ive gotten better at controlling it. Her lips parted under the soft caress of his breath, but he didnt kiss her. Gods damn it, someone fuck me already. Dont stop, she begged, clutching sheets. She let him lead, reveling in his strength. Thats wonderful, she thought back to Radin. My infertility is mine alone, due to my time between realms. She hardly knew how to ask. She freed her other hand so she could wrap both arms securely around his neck.

Anonymous said...

She pushed into the barrier again and sought his square chin and gorgeously wide mouth. With one last pat on Erikins arm, she left them to climb the staircase alone. Gala chuckled softly. She even stood, with the vague intention of leaving the balcony. The stone beneath her clutching fingers started to crumble.
[url=http://blacky.0fees.net]black shot[/url]

Anonymous said...

cytheria squirts the camera guy